Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pärnu finally! And food.

Sandra had gotten food ready for us, so we ate (porridge!! So tasty!!) and then slept for four hours, and then ate again. To wake us up, we explored the town with Sandra. Pärnu is very, to use her term, depressing. Our walk took about an hour and a half, and you can see the flats where Russians live, and the overall poverty of the town. It's a safe area, but there's just no money to renovate old buildings or build new ones. I'm learning a lot of history here, firsthand. I took some pics:

Tallinn Bus Station: in Estonian.

Look guys. Slippers for house guests!!!!!!

This whole area of the world kind of reminds me of back east. Maybe it's because I've never been to Northern Europe before. I like it a lot.


Tessa and Sandra looking to see if the Russian church is enter-able...it wasn't.

At the grocery store I bought some plum flavored ice cream!

Salsa nuts! Blue cheese nuts! I just love foreign packaging way too much...


No comments:

Post a Comment